07 May, 2008

Still not sure how I did it all...

But sometimes lightening does strike, ya know? I recently received the quite excellent news that I have been awarded a fellowship from the Univesity of Arizona--I am one of three students admitted this year to get one! Can you believe it? For some reason, this university--and frankly the three others I got in to as well--believe that I am, in Takeshi Inomata's words, a top student. In my acceptence letter from UA they even said that I was highly-qualified, based on my application. Guess my MA thesis, a mishmash of Lefebrve and human sacrifice, was impressive after all.

Of course this means that there are high expectations on my shoulders. I have to prove that I am worthy of not only the fellowship but also the appellation of top student. However, having had my ass kicked but still making it out quite nicely at the University of Chicago has--hopefully--prepared me for anything that UA has to throw at me. I am so excited! Once I get the silly hold lifted of my account (stupid immunizations requirements) and can register for classes...sigh, it will all be getting very real for me. Ack! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! So proud of you...

Ack! Can't wait either! :)

verg