27 July, 2008

Okay, so now the panic sets in.....

Just looked over the logistics of moving and the cost of everything (which I can technically afford but still...)is setting off a panic. Well, maybe that actually started earlier today, when I was at the Canal--formerly Maxwell--St. market and it just hit me hard how much I am going to miss this city. Miss Chicago, miss family friends and the streets I know well and the great big lake where you can't see the other side. Damn.

Alex is right now trying to sooth me by pointing out how much I have to look forward to when I move. That I am getting to do what I love to do finally and that I have Miriam and my grandpa and well, my whole future ahead of me. I take this in, nod and tell him "I know". And I do. But still...my heart is racing and I just feel overwhelmed.

Hmm. Breath. 1...2...3...and relax.

No comments: